Membership consists of each of the County Library Directors holding office in the various County Libraries of California and the State Librarian of California, ex-officio.

Current annual membership dues are: $35 per year. Membership dues support items as approved by a vote of the CCLA membership, such as the annual meeting with the State Librarian or technology support for the CCLA website.

For more information about membership or to submit your annual dues, please contact CCLA Secretary/Treasurer Narinder Sufi at:

CCLA is a registered 501(c)4 Nonprofit Mutual Benefit Corporation. The organization supports County Libraries in California and organizes the annual meeting of County Librarians with the State Librarian. The organization does not serve as a charitable, fundraising organization. Individuals and groups wishing to make a charitable contribution in support of libraries at the statewide level are encouraged to donate to the California Library Association (CLA), a 501(c)3 organization.

The CCLA membership and board may approve and submit statements regarding legislative issues and items.

There are 45 County Libraries in California.

California’s County Libraries:

*Library Directors of JPA libraries providing services to counties also participate in CCLA:

*Library Directors in counties operating library services under contract with cities also participate in CCLA:

*Library Directors in Independent Special District Libraries serving counties also participate in CCLA:

NOTICE: Contribu­tions to civic leagues or other section 501(c)(4) organizations generally are not deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes. They may be deductible as trade or business expenses, if ordinary and necessary in the conduct of the taxpayer’s business.  How­ever, see Nondeductible Lobbying and Political Expenditures  for more information. 

Other individuals who wish to support CCLA may make a contribution to support the organization. (Please note:  As a 501(c)4 organization, CCLA is not eligible to receive deductible charitable contributions. Contributions to the organization are not deductible for federal income tax purposes as charitable contributions. Consult a tax professional or your accountant for more information.)